Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Tuesday

Today we checked out the Taipei Fine Arts Museum that I have been curious about since moving here. I used to love going to museums back in Portland, but in Taipei the opportunity rarely arises. Maybe cause my friends all love sport, food and parties more than art?!

Anyway, it was all super contemporary, a little more than I could handle. It was Andy Warhol who once famously quoted: "Art is anything you can get away with" and boy, he knew what he was talking about.

Maybe I'm just not artistic enough to appreciate a bunch of plastic buckets taped together with a garbage bag. Or tables with a printer on them. I spent about an hour in that museum in a state torn between amusement, boredom, and confusion. The most interesting 'exhibit' was actually a form of animal abuse trying to get by as 'art'. There was a little cute black bird in a cage in an all-white room with speakers just blasting the sentence 'My name is Little Black' in over 400 different languages. I think the bird at some point was meant to repeat or learn how to regurgitate the phrase but it just hung out. I hope someday Little Black will escape and fly free!


Anyways, then we wandered around that area and ate at a park. Then went for a jog along the riverside and had dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant blah blah blah blah. Oh, the stove got fixed, that was exciting too. Now I have no excuses to not learn how to cook. My life is full of thrills!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment