Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas.

As I type this, I'm dangling outside on my old school metal fire escape, relaxing with a Mason jar of red wine and enjoying the cool evening summer breeze. It's quiet, minus the faint whoosh of traffic going across the bridges in the twinkling distance. Last month I went to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Las Vegas, and while I had an amazing time everywhere I went, still nothing compares to coming home in the midst of Portland's glory months.

In the summer, every day feels like a vacation and every night feels like the weekend. I don't even want to sleep right now. We embrace the outdoors now more than ever before, and there is no reason to eat, drink, or party indoors-summer is here, baby. The endless BBQ's, river floats, beer festivals, fruit picking, the best is all yet to come. 

I love two things right now: 1) Portland and 2) a guy named Joe.

Yeah, aka the man I confirmed on Facebook as my boyfriend, seemingly out of nowhere. Kinda was. And we're serious about it; that Facebook status is almost equivalent to marriage in the world of us millennials. I had to double check a few times but like, it's official. It's been over a month and I still haven't found the right words to explain what we have without sounding completely mental.

Crazy story simplified, we met in Vegas (don't kill me mom) and instantly wanted to be together. Sure, he lives in Belfast and I live in Portland, but that hasn't stopped us. I know I've stated before that if you love someone, then let them go. That was before I met Joe, and now I believe that if you're ever lucky enough to meet someone this special, you better hold on with everything you've got. After over a year of me agonizing over the drama of relationships, Joe finally showed up, took my hand and we haven't looked back since.  I guess it really can be that simple.  We're learning more and falling harder for each other every day. He's coming to Portland this month to visit me, and although I don't know what the next steps will be, I know I adore him and we're so happy together. Most of all, we're both excited to build a future together because we know it will be the beginning of an extraordinary adventure. It's already a pretty epic story.

So, my life is pretty damn complete and now you know why. Plus, he has an accent, AND plenty of single friends so...ladies holla!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet! <3 I wish you guys all the best. I know the distance thing can be tough, but as they say, "what's meant to be will always find a way". Or something like that.. Worked out pretty well for me! ;-)

    Enjoy your Summer, Kalong! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete