Friday, August 30, 2013

Wrap up time!

That will come another day..."You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll also miss the person you are now at this time and place, because you'll never be this way ever again."

Strangs, that's all I feel. No sadness or excitement, not scared to leave but not happy to leave everyting behind. I know I can always come back to Taipei, but from experience I know it will not be the same if I do. I don't know what's in store for the future- I don't know where I will be living in four months and I'm not too worried about it. I think 25 is an awesome age. I can do whatever I want, and I do and it's wonderful.

I have been blessed with three wonderful years in Taipei. If I try to make a movie of the past three years, and then fast-forward through the whole clip it would just be a blurb of sunshine, my laughing students, packing my backpack for the weekends, afternoons in cafes, nights in sports bars and clubs, running to MRT's, hiking, friends, friends, more friends, you get the idea. 

I've played all over the island as well.

-I've run a half marathon through Taroko Gorge
-climbed the stairs up to the top of Taipei 101
-dragon boat competed for the Dragonboat Festival twice 
-loved up a weekend at Sun Moon Lake
-seen the sunset in Danshui
-set off sky lanterns with friends in Pingxi
-danced with aboriginals in Hualien
-biked around all of Ludao
-snorkeled in Penghu
-hiked over Yangmingshan and dined at the top 
-gorged at Keelung Night Market
-conquered Mt. Jade (the tallest mountain in SE Asia)
-cycled to Taidong
-picked strawberries in Maoli
-scootered around Kenting
-soaked in hot springs in Beitou 
-sipped tea in the mountains of Jiufen 
-explored forts in Kaohsiung
-ate squid balls in Taichung
-surfed in Yilan
-river traced in Jiaoxi and Nanao 

Its' like I've colonized Taiwan with my Kalong-ness and now it's time for me to take over somewhere new. Still, it's weird how the farewell lunches/ get togethers have begun alrealdy. Like Winnie the Pool once said, "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

Here are some good memories I've had, all these are pictures that I've been tagged in by friends I've met in Taiwan-where a part of my heart will always be!!! Thank for you everything xx
























Of course, I'm going to save my hardest post for Taipei as my last. The one for the students of K3, my precious short friends of whom I have had the privilege of teaching during my stay in Taipei. That will come another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment